PathfindingService doesn't always use agent params; makes service unusable for large characters

That’s actually what happened to me when I tried to implement it. I was trying to implement a system like that to a monster in my horror game but it just seemed to not work because the boxcast was registering a hit. I even tried using a spherecast instead and no hope. I was trying to manually map a new waypoint or adjust the old one and didn’t think of adding another part to wrap the part around. I am thinking of using another map, a simplified version on a certain offset of the main one, and just offset the waypoints as needed. This way, you can adjust the size of walls and things. The problem is that it would need to be done multiple times or using parts with different collision groups.

This explains a lot… I’ve been wondering why my NPCs kept getting stuck on doorway edges and stuff, while other times I test they don’t even go through the doorway and give the NoPath error.

Please revisit this issue, the issues with pathfinding service have made it so unreliable that I’ve resorted to visually teleporting the NPCs to where they need to go just to avoid issues of getting stuck.

4 Likes

Bump. This is bothering me a lot because bigger npcs always get stuck, and since they are enemies, this basically means a free win.

4 Likes

This definitely affects my game as well, I’ve had to add large avoid zones on corners but even that won’t fix it

1 Like

I just turned of collision on my enemies so that they wouldn’t get stuck.