PBR only works in studio

In-game:

Studio:

My team and I have been having problems with our textures in the game. It seems that PBR will only show up in studio, but not in-game.

More info:

• Game’s already published
  • All textures were approved
  • This is a team create
  • Also doesn’t work in a locally downloaded file test

Anyone else experiencing this?

5 Likes

This is not the case, as pbr seems to be working perfectly fine in my game? Maybe hes experiencing an issue.

PBR Materials are a beta feature.

They are not publically released, therefore they are not available in regular games yet.

1 Like

How? PBR is in beta not open for public use.

1 Like

I haven’t tested this, but check if your Roblox Client’s quality level is set to the highest. It may be possible that PBR is only enabled when quality is set to the max setting.

1 Like

Hello, @cbmaximillian thanks for reporting issue with PBR/SurfaceAppearance. I am looking to investigate this. It’d be great if you can let me know the place id. Thanks.

3 Likes

Im not sure, but my games water, which uses PBR, works perfectly fine ingame. Perhaps they pushed it out to certain users.

Hi fnublox, I DM’d you the place link.

I had the same issue with my mesh deformed dinosaur models, where the normalmap and roughnessmap wouldn’t load in. I fiddled around with it for a while, and found out that it got fixed by enabling streaming enabled.

1 Like

Our team is also having this exact issue with SurfaceAppearance. We’ve uploaded our textures and they all were approved, but the SurfaceAppearance is only visible in studio and not in game.

Happens in Studio
Start date is unknown

Repro:

• Create a skinned mesh
  • Apply SurfaceAppearance with Normal, Metalness and Roughness
  • Upload the place to roblox and publish it
  • Test in game and SurfaceAppearance won’t be visible

Place:
Will DM place link/file to representative that reaches out