People making alts to get themselves promoted

Hello developers,
I am very annoyed at the staff of a group I work for, because they are making alts and coming into game and saying “(USERNAME) really deserves a promo” and I am trying to make a script that will stop this. Is there any way how? If you know please reply!
Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Uh yeah. So you gotta show your script first, then I’ll help you.

You can’t prevent alternative accounts being made. Just make a custom chat system and block that specific message you do not want.

3 Likes

There’s no surefire way to remove all alternative accounts. The best thing to do would create an account age requirement and kick the account if they aren’t X days old. It’s how I would do it, anyway.

As what @IUClDS had said,

There is no definite way of detecting whether an account is an alternate account or not. However there is a bandage sort of solution, this is NOT a profound NOR adequate solution and is discouraged, but it does prevent people from creating new accounts instantly the same day of when you are running your game.

You can achieve this by making a script that will kick anyone from the game with a certain account age when a player is added, this will not work however if they have alternate accounts that were already made from some time ago, however it will kick fresh new alternate accounts that were just made. Here is a quick script that I wrote up for you:

local Players = game:GetService("Players")

local MinimumDays = 5 --This is the minimum days that they would need to be on roblox for, you can change this according to your liking.

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	if player.AccountAge <= MinimumDays then --Detect if the player is lower than the (MinumumDays) account-day age.
		player:Kick("You have been kicked by the game!")
	end
end) 

Again this wouldn’t work if they already had alternate accounts that are greater than the MinimumDays variable, but it does help to kick accounts made of the same day. But if there were someone who actually just created an account without intentions of being an alt, they would as well get kicked.

3 Likes

You can try and discourage users from having alts to say “(USERNAME should be promoted” that by banning them from the game temporary.

1 Like

The best solution for this is to hope that your group’s high ranking staff aren’t incompetent enough to promote someone based on a null phrase and instead on by the work they do. :slight_smile:

You can write a script to block certain phrases but I strongly doubt that the alts joining your game are saying the exact same phrase or words every time. As well, with every opportunity to block phrases comes a missed opportunity for coherent conversation and an easy way to bypass.

You can make scripts for this, but I really wouldn’t waste the time if the messages aren’t consistent and they’re actual throwaway alts instead of bots. Kicking by age is out there but this hits a morally gray area for Roblox which is not disallowed but is severely discouraged.

Here’s a long tutorial-ish post I wrote about making custom filters:

4 Likes

You can’t prevent alt accounts from being created, but you can have a script that blocks “really deserves a promo” or a script that just prevents any users that are under a certain age(7 days or so) to join the game.

It is scripting… I needed help stopping alts coming into my game.

1 Like

Oh I apologize, I must’ve not understood the question.