Phasing out Workspace.ClientAnimatorThrottling

Yes, it is not actually a character set up in the Viewport Frame, that I am playing animations to. I am essentially rendering the character in the Viewport Frame by copying each part in their character’s CFrame to said Viewport Frame every RunService.HeartBeat. This mimics whatever they are doing into the Frame. So if they are being throttled (Turn your camera away from them), this is reflected in the Viewport Frame.

If for example they start to walk somewhere, this is reflected in the Viewport.

Doing it this way has many benefits, the obvious that it give you a lot more freedom and accuracy than if you were to try and copy each animation/movement coming from an NPC/Player to the Viewport Character.

Thanks for the follow-up, @FizzyFlame. We’ll look into adding ways to disable throttling per character/animator. This process can take a while, but in the short term there are a few workarounds:

1. @Proligant’s solution of interpolating the C0 and C1 CFrames of the Motor6D of your character.
  2. If your character doesn’t have procedural animations, listening on the AnimationPlayed signal on the source Animator and playing the same animation on the viewport Animator should work.
1 Like

Sounds good I’ll try those out, thanks!

Thank you guys, always love Performance Improvement update, I believe it will help Roblox metaverse graphics vision with 10k mass people in one event come true!

Hi @FizzyFlame. Check out the update to the post. We added a new property Animator.PreferLodEnabled that should help you fix your original bug :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow that’s awesome! Thanks for taking the time to work on something like that, it will definitely solve my issue I was having.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.