Physical Draggers Full Release

I can scale them, but I can’t move or rotate them. This may be like that on purpose but I just want to be sure!

Can you provide a bit more details? I just tried it and got this:

3 Likes

Ok, so I retried it, and it seems that I can’t move the part if it is anchored, but I can if it is unanchored.

2 Likes

Yes; the physical draggers respect the anchored status. So say you anchor one part and then attach another to it via a string constraint, it will behave as you would expect. E.g. can drag the other part until the string is taught and then it will stop.

Physically, anchored parts can’t move.

3 Likes

Oh I see, that was happening to me while it was in beta and I was wondering why, thanks!

4 Likes

I ran into issues with this when messing around using it with the fast flag. As in, the model would start tipping instead of following the tracks.

I haven’t tested it since the full release so hopefully thats been ironed out.

2 Likes

Did you give us a bug report about this?

3 Likes

I tested it a bit earlier and it appears to be fixed so, guess we dont need one now lol

1 Like

This is a really cool and useful feature that saves people time (like me). However, I wish this feature had a keybind (to switch between modes). Are you planning to add this, or you just forgot?

Welp, now I can make organized decisions and group it when I want to without making my brain ache after a while when Building. Thanks Roblox DEV really needed it.

Yeah I absolutely agree with this, while I’ve been teaching Studio to one of my younger students, he’s had a hard time telling when collisions are turned on or not with the “dark” and “darker” background to indicate it. I think the checkbox will help. Though, I personally wouldn’t mind having the icon still be there to help the checkbox to be easier to locate at a glance.

How do I use this? I have tried but it has not worked for me.

You’re probably not part of the rollout yet. You can still manually opt yourself in by navigating to the Beta Features dialogue in Studio and checking “New Physical Draggers”.

3 Likes

If you’re trying to pose a rig, you can drop it into moon animator, and when you’re done posing it with moon, you can just anchor it - and it’ll keep that pose. That’s all I have to offer

Moon doesn’t work with skin meshes and that’s what I’d be mainly using physical draggers for. Besides, Moon doesn’t even want to work for me 9 out of 10 times so even if I wanted to, I can’t.

Ah sorry, I see what you mean. Hopefully moon is getting an update soon for that, since you can’t even click on joints in the default animator anyway???

So just click on the directory? Yea it’s annoying but you gotta adapt if you don’t have a choice besides blender :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to make it a useful tool for myself.

Wow! Physical draggers are really useful! I didn’t know they work like this. Look at this video if you want a full explanation on it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.