Pivot Editor: Full Release

This is intentional. Since “Scale” in studio is really an extrude operation that changes where the edges of the object are and not a scale operation it still makes sense for the handles to be out at the edges for scale. The Scale handles do respect the pivot placement though:

2 Likes

Yeah this will be very useful, especially for animating. But I wish there was a way to see which way the pivot is rotated.

On some models before the release of this update, the pivot sphere will locate itself in an irrelevant area instead of at the center of the model which can be frustrating for users that don’t know how to reset the pivot sphere. Is this intentional or will this be fixed?

It can’t be fixed because there’s no way to tell whether the user deliberately set them or not (though we’d still be interested in knowing how the got messed up for posterity).

The best we could do is to offer a way to reset all the pivots in a place with one action.

2 Likes

Seems to have an affect on models that haven’t been utilized after the patch. Not only that but I’ve noticed that the pivot position breaks when switching between default building tools and alternative building tools (likely on the plugin’s end though).

Yes, this will be the case. Building plugins that haven’t updated to to either use the new model movement APIs or separately update the pivot when moving models the way they used to will leave pivots in a bad state. I made sure that the top F3X and SBS distributions were updated, but if you’re using something more obscure you’ll run into issues unless they’ve updated. See this post: [Action Required] Pivot API Release: Update F3X / SBS Plugins

3 Likes

Is there any settings to remove this new pivot feature, it’s really annoying having a massive dot in the middle

1 Like

No, there’s no way to turn it off because we want to have more features key off of it in the future and having those features key off of something that isn’t visible would be very confusing.

We thought that the compromise of showing it only with the tools that care about it was good enough. Is there a particular thing that it disrupts?

2 Likes

It’s annoying me due to my autism, it feels like it shouldn’t be there, having an option to make it transparent or turn it off with control would be a great feature to this.

1 Like

help how do I make the handles go all the way to the side and not the center is it possible to disable feature? it makes it hard to move big objects if the handles are in the center.

1 Like

Handle summoning is our solution to this case. If you hold down the Tab key, the handles will be summoned to the point that your cursor is hovering over until you release the Tab key. This will let you bring them where you need them when moving very large or long objects regardless of how your camera is positioned.

1 Like

I just realized that having the pivot editor removed the “create” tool on the model tab. Will this update remove that feature?

They should both be there still:

1 Like

Huh, well on my laptop it didn’t show the create feature and I had to disable to pivot editor to make it show.

Same thing happened with me. When I logged on they disappeared.

Can you take a screenshot? (I want to see how it looks with the amount of horizontal space you have)

If you have a very narrow screen, the button will still be there, but collapsed a bit:

1 Like

Oh wait… I’m totally wrong. Didn’t realize or know that. Thanks.

Is there absolutely no way to disable this or automatically act like it used to? I have to manually pivot every single part I want to rotate, and it makes animating extremely painful, practically impossible for me based on how I used to do it. My workflow is significantly slower, and until I found this post, I spent a full hour looking for ways to fix the issue only to realize it was a forced opt-in feature with seemingly no way to change it.

1 Like

Could you explain the issue in more detail? Rotate should work exactly the same as it did before for individual parts unless you explicitly change the pivot to something other than the default.

3 Likes

Before, when I would go to rotate a part it would only alter that part’s angle - now it is adjusting their position as well relative to the altered rotation, like below:
gyazo link

Even when building a completely new rig, the issue persists, including when I try to animate the rig:
gyazo link 2

I am not sure whether or not this is intended, but I desperately need some kind of way to put it back to the way it was before.

Thank you for your time.