Pivot Editor: Full Release

“Turning it off” doesn’t make any sense because this is a fundamental property of the way models are positioned now. What you seem to want is for the pivot to just be automatically set according to model contents and position.

Ideally, yes I would prefer it to be like how it used to be with automatic centering.

But, previously you could turn it on and off as a beta feature. I’m not a super programmer hackerman, but I don’t its outside of the realms of possibility to find a way to preserve the old way while also leaving the pivot feature as an option.

Maybe something like a slot for it in Studio settings for like a ‘Legacy’ option and a ‘Pivot-based’ option or just Enabled/Disabled checkbox that just determines wether or not models actually use the Pivot properties.

If it really is as problematic to provide the option to disable it as you suggest, then I’d just be fine with the auto-correction thing like I was talking about before. Clearly, it shouldn’t be working how it is now when the origin can be left outside of the actual model itself.

1 Like

hit ctrl G thats how i fix that

I have now got the option to disable it again in the beta features section of studio.

Thanks Roblox, I prefer the old way of doing things and having the options allows me to personalise how I like my studio

@tnavarts Why is pivot editor in beta?

Is it possible to make pivot offset to be animated with animation editor and moon suit plugins?

Temporarily disabled or something wrong? Don’t have the widget on my UI.

Weird, everything should be working as usual. Can you still see the Pivot indicator / summon the handles with Tab?

How can I make my rotate tool has the same orientation as the part that I select?

1 Like

not this being forced on us again. This is a joke, really.

2 Likes

Hello @gumi44, looking at your comments from earlier in this thread, it appears that your main issue is that you want to have a way to keep the move handles at the side of the bounding box. Before taking the feature out of beta, we added a new Studio Setting “Use Bounding Box Move Handles” that will let you keep the old style of move handle placement.
Here is a link listing the changes we made since the discussions we had in this thread in Februrary:

2 Likes

I completely missed this, I’m glad this is an option thanks :slight_smile:

Is This a Right Thing? The rotation pivot hasn’t changed! And I was Forced to move the pivot to the center to rotate!

ok, this is actually a huge improvement. Thanks for informing me. I can actually build with no drawbacks anymore, even if that blue dot still annoys me a bit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.