Pivot points not updating

Currently, I am using GetPivot and PivotTo to perform animated jumps for models. It is a smash & rebuild system that’s suppose to go like this:

• The models all start together, anchored as one structure.
  • When smashed they all unanchor and scatter off.
  • When the rebuild process starts, each piece anchors and projectile jumps back to its original position using :PivotTo().

For some reason, while the models are unanchored their pivot points won’t dynamically. This means while some models move around, their pivot points stay where they originally were. This makes it impossible for my PivotTo animation to have any effect on them during the rebuild process.
Here’s what I mean:

Throughout every test, pivot points for defective models like this won’t update. I have looked for solutions but I haven’t seen anyone with this issue. If anyone knows and can tell me what’s going on that would be great.

2 Likes

Figured this out. The answer was mentioned in the Simulated vs. Static Models section of Pivot Editor: Full Release. Pivots will not update for simulated models unless they have a primary part set for the pivot’s reference. I’ll be making sure every model for this has a primary part.

3 Likes