Pixelated Roblox Part 4!

Now that is a tricky thing. I have not been able to do that. I just get the color of the part.

Hi. I’m having issues with my own copy of this.

The place works fine when I join, but whenever I clicked "Edit’ to copy the place, my version doesn’t seem to work. I have not modified the place in any way.

2 Likes

Is this normal?

I think there is an issue with the rendering because you might have messed up some code.

I didn’t touch it at all. I’m assuming this could be a roblox update.

When was the original game last updated?

1 Like

Currently, seven months ago. Also, I’m having the same issue without editing the scripts. Maybe it doesn’t work in Studio?

1 Like

Nope, it is still broken. Although, the lower the resolution, the better it is. It repeats the same image horizontally 4 times.

Studio has gone through a lot of changes and some of the scripts may be outdated.

1 Like

Wait but then how does the original game work?

It probably only effects Studio.

1 Like

Even after publishing the game and playing it on Roblox, it doesn’t work.

1 Like

Who knows, maybe Studio ok can’t handle your game but Roblox can.

1 Like

I don’t really understand what you mean. It’'s the same glitchy screen if I play it on the Roblox App and Roblox Studio.

1 Like

It’s really hard to tell what’s causing the problem.

1 Like

So I have to painfully scan through each script… oh no.

Nevermind, not doing that. There is no way I could do this.

1 Like

It might be the only way you can fix it.

1 Like

Sorry about the issues, the game works because I never published what’s currently saved in studio. I suppose I could revert the studio for it to work again. Goodbye sloppy attempt at implementing paralel lua.

2 Likes

Sorry for the bump, but I did the impossible.

Through many optimisation techniques, rendering tricks and new roblox additions such as EditableImage, parallel luau and native code gen, we have a real-time pixelator effect that runs well over 200 FPS at 100x100 on my machine.

And yes, this is still a raytracer

It’s even possible for it to achieve around 30 FPS at 200x200. Nice

here’s my post If you’re interested in more detail and statistics:

4 Likes