Place anywhere tycoon

Hi.
I’m short of time but I have an idea for a game so I’m looking to fast track development as I’m quite busy. I have some experience as a Roblox developer with this built-from-scratch tycoon I made (was a mega flop) Ant Tycoon [Alpha] - Roblox

The new game is one in which the player collects diamonds from islands to upgrade their dragon to fly to better islands to get better diamonds. A side aspect of the game will be the player getting their own house with a garden. The house being customisable and the garden being an auxiliary source of income for the player. The player will need to buy plants from the garden centre and can place them in their garden (similar to the way you get and place furniture in restaurant tycoon 2)
The main objective for this post is getting help with the garden and house thingy.
I’m looking for:
The correct term for the tycoon type where you get to buy things and place them on a grid in the garden (like in restaurant tycoon)
A basic version of it that I could adapt for my new game for the house and garden the big thing being the data saving and placement system.

This might be the wrong category but I’m just looking for guidance at the very least.
Thank you.

Bereza I believe has an excellent tutorial on a placement system that you could adapt into your tycoon. Give me a minute and I’ll try to find it.

Edit: Perhaps I had the wrong person! Either way, this guide from EgoMoose should be pretty comprehensive as well.

2 Likes