PlacePlugins -- Place-specific plugins

PlacePlugins is a plugin that allows you to load place-specific plugins.

How to:

1. Create a PlacePlugins folder in ServerStorage
  2. Add your scripts, models, folders, or ids to it
    • If you use a NumberValue or StringValue, a plugin will be downloaded from Roblox based on the Value.
  3. Press “Load New” to load all plugins.
    • User interaction is required to run plugins as a security measure. You can always inspect plugins before running them.

Developing Place Plugins

Developing a Place Plugin is just like developing a normal plugin. Here’s what the TestPlugin from above looks like:

print(plugin, script)

plugin:CreateToolbar("Test Plugin"):CreateButton("Test!", "Info", "")

Place Plugins are great for per-project utilities. You can have user-friendly buttons instead of using the command bar. This is especially useful in Team Create, where Scripters can make utilities for Builders.

Public post

Source

16 Likes

That’s actually really neat. Now I can stop uploading plugins to the site on alts and have them show up on every game when I only want them on one. In the first place, why do I even upload plugins to the site if I’m the only one using them? I completely forgot about the Save Local Plugin feature.

1 Like

The plugin doesn’t work for me anymore, I can’t even see the toolbar button

I just tested this plugin in a new file. The toolbar buttons showed up and I was able to create and run a plugin both in the session that I created it in and after reloading the file.

Is your plugin up to date? Are you sure that your plugins bar isn’t “overflowing” i.e. it has a small arrow on the right to scroll to more plugins? There are no errors?

Could you send a screenshot of your plugins bar and ServerStorage with the PlacePlugins folder? Could you try to find the plugin in a new file to ensure that this is not related to a specific place file?

1 Like

@acreol Related?

3 Likes

Thanks, it works for me now, it was probably related to what @EchoReaper linked

I'll just send the screenshots anyways

1 Like