Play session anomaly: user remains in-experience despite technically being disconnected

I don’t how well this issue will be able to be investigated because I have limited information. If this issue occurs again, I will post on this thread. This report may be closed at the discretion of the engineers.

Reproduction Steps
Reproduction steps are currently unknown. I was playing Flee the Facility, and this issue randomly occurred.

Because this issue occurred again, I believe that it’s caused by the use of a cellular hotspot (see my latest post on this thread).

Expected Behavior
I should have been disconnected.

Actual Behavior
I remained in the experience despite technically being disconnected.

By using another device and account that I was friends with, I saw that my user status was offline and my user didn’t appear in “Servers my friends are in” under the experience’s server list even though I was still in the experience. My joins were open to friends.

In the video, you will notice that my received (0.62 KB/s) and ping (135.97 ms) remained the same while other performance stats fluctuated. This occurred over a duration of 4 minutes prior to leaving. Also, I was able to interact with elements of the menu and leave the experience. There were no warnings or errors related to this issue in the Developer Console.

Additional Information

• The duration of the play session was about 90 minutes, and my user appeared offline for 4 minutes despite still being in the experience.
  • I was using my cellular hotspot during the play session.

Specs

• User: ProvenRight - Roblox
  • Device: iPad Pro (2nd generation)
  • Roblox App Version: 2.589.593 (1c3a9f)

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: Very high
Frequency: Rarely
Date First Experienced: 2023-08-20 05:33:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-08-20 05:37:00 (-05:00)

As of 8/28/23, a private message is associated with this bug report

4 Likes

This may be related to this:

Except it was not a random disconnect and the client did not crash. You should check for the “Security timeout for Userid” message in the server logs.

2 Likes

This issue occurred again for 7 minutes on 8/26/23 to my friend who was playing while using a hotspot. However, they still appeared online and in the server list of experience. I have sent a PM to @bug-files with their specs and a video of the Developer Console.

Thanks for the report. We’ll follow up when we have an update for you;

1 Like

In roblox greenville as well, the Frequency is High.