Player Dashing that always travels the same distance

can you give an example, please? (of what type of dash you are looking for)

Yes, BodyPosition can be used on just the X and Z axis by setting MaxForce on the Y axis to 0.

5 Likes

Rogue Lineage’s dashing. I can quickly join the game and grab a gif if you haven’t played it.

Ok, I’ll try this next and see what happens.

I’ve looked it up, and it seems like most of the animations, including the dashing, is done using a combination of joint manipulation and animations and some body movers.

i think the dash in that game is using an animation initially then it switchs over to a body mover or cframe (not sure which).

1 Like

I should’ve been using BodyPosition from the beginning. It works amazingly for my situation. I just have to finish tweaking it a little with an animation and I’ll have my dash.

GIF of working dash distances

Thanks for all the help guys!

3 Likes

You said you wanted to replicate Rogue Lineage dashing. When you forward dash in RL, you always move in the direction the player is facing. Were you able to replicate this with the BodyPosition?

No. Turning midway through would still lead you to the same point as the original position, but I didn’t want it to be exactly like Rogue Lineage and actually prefer this better anyway.

I’m currently trying to create a dash similar to yours using BodyPosition but I am having trouble at the end of the dash. I have tried using the ReachedTarget() event but it never activates because of the y-axis. I have put in a wait time but the player still has momentum. What did you do to stop BodyPosition?

is the problem solved already because i also got the same problem right now i really wanna finish my battlegrounds dash system

1 Like