Player:HasAppearanceLoaded issue

It seems that that if user wears content deleted Shirt or Pants, the HasAppearanceLoaded never becomes true.

This happens always in a live game.

Even website avatar doesnt load because of that.

Reproduction:

• Just wear a deleted asset and wait in studio until function fires AppearanceLoaded event (which will never happen).
4 Likes

Thanks for the report, we are investigating.

1 Like

Do you have an example of an asset id you’re using? or a place file you’re using? Also, what do you mean by the ‘website avatar’? Do you mean the avatar in the avatar editor on roblox.com?

1 Like

Hello @CalGamesDev .

What I meant by the ‘website avatar’ is that both the 2D and 3D avatar of my friend who did wear a deleted asset didn’t load on the website (profile page).

He was wearing https://www.roblox.com/catalog/3237922122/Content-Deleted .

My friend has joined my game and as I use there :HasAppearanceLoaded() to wait for the character to load, he couldn’t spawn (The appearance just wouldn’t load).

When he put the asset off his avatar, he could normally play the game again and his avatar loads properly.

I bet Roblox before just did show the certain deleted asset as blank (eg no shirt visible). Right now it seems to not generate the avatar picture at all and not fire AppearanceLoaded event on the Player.

Thanks. I notice the asset you linked is a t-shirt not a shirt. So, this is an issue with t-shirts/shirts/pants?

1 Like

Well. Honestly I didnt have any chance to test it with shirt or pants. So yeah you are actually right here. Seems this is really a T-Shirt. No clue about others but I think that would happen also.

could i have the user id of you friend which isn’t loading? Also, do you have a test place which shows this issue?

1 Like

Hello! To be honest, as Ive stated before, he has fixed it already by just putting the t-shirt off his avatar. His profile is DaBabyFeet - Roblox

He has found the issue at 🎖️ [ARMY!] Military Simulator - Roblox

(When you click F9 logs it would stop at “Waiting for the character to load…”)

print("Waiting for the character to load...")
	repeat wait() until Player.Character
	repeat wait() until Player:HasAppearanceLoaded()

print("Loading finished!")

Hello!

I have just received a message that user has the same issue with shirt. Any update on this?

Seems the issue with the event affects both client and server. My player was moderated while he was in game and he couldn’t respawn (because the event wasn’t fired).

User: https://www.roblox.com/users/167850866/profile

Shirt: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/1106740877/Content-Deleted

I’ve looked into this, and there is an issue in that CharacterAppearanceLoaded is currently not fired on the client (but a fix is due to be released soon for that). However, I can’t see any situation where Player:HasAppearanceLoaded() doesn’t eventually become true on both client and server. Do you have an example place which shows this issue? Do you still get this issue if you were to load the HumanoidDescription of a player who has a moderated assets, like:

local players = game.Players
local id = 167850866
player:LoadCharacterWithHumanoidDescription(players:GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId(id))

or, do you get the issue if you make a HumanoidDescription with moderated assets, and load, like:

local desc = Instance.new(“HumanoidDescription”)
desc.Shirt = moderatedAssetId
player:LoadCharacterWithHumanoidDescription(desc)

If you know of a user with moderated assets, see if you can give me a repro place that sets their userId in player.CharacterAppearanceId. Then maybe I can see the issue

1 Like

Well. Could you notify me when the fix with the event is running so I maybe will find someone and test it?

Yes! I’ll make sure an update gets put on this thread when the fix is live.

1 Like

Just to note. The bug happens still so.

This is still happening to me. Wearing a content deleted t-shirt causes :HasAppearanceLoaded() to never return true.

Similarly, .CharacterAppearanceLoaded never seems to fire either when someone wears a content deleted t-shirt.

3 Likes

Bump! This bug still occurs. I think an important note on getting this repro is that your avatar has to be wearing a content-deleted t-shirt prior to joining the game. I originally tried to repro this bug by running a studio play test (without wearing a content-deleted t-shirt) putting a “ShirtGraphic” object on my character, then putting a content-deleted t-shirt Id in the “Graphic” property, but this doesn’t reproduce the bug - you have to be wearing the content-deleted t-shirt on the website before you run a studio play test.

2 Likes