Player:Kick() not working?

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to kick player.

2. What is the issue?
    So i tried Player:Kick(Message) But it did’nt work.
    After kick, the player get glitchy

2 Likes

u gotta send the code if u want help fixing it.

Just this code:
game.Players.dollychun:Kick("Kick message")

(dollychun is my username)

2 Likes

Haha! This is very curious, although I’m not entirely clueless as to what’s going on, so let me share what I know about this phenomena.

Long ago getting kicked in roblox was very similar to this. When your player was removed from a game without you pressing exit or leave game, your player would still be intractable and when stepping off of your current height you wouldn’t fall just as shown. However, even back then a kick message would appear, just as it should now although today you are no longer in control of your player at all after a kick.

What seems to be happening here is that something is causing the kicking process to bug out on the local side. I’m certain that regardless of how this looks to the user, they are in fact kicked from the server, the wonky physics tell me that. But I would say it might be something about your installation of roblox, or maybe a weird setting you have in studio? Or maybe this could be the side effect of a new bug that no one’s found yet. If you’re testing this in studio your log file may be useful.

Anyway I hoped this helped! This is really a non problem though because I’m fairly certain it’s only on your end, and no one else would experience this in the same situation.

5 Likes

do game.Players:WaitForChild(“dollychun”):Kick(“Kick Message”)

– I think this will work

if it doesnt work then try kicking another player and see if it works

It didn’t work

where did u put the script tho.

Hey DarthFS, you should really watch the video that was posted, there is no script.

I ran it using the developer console

Can you get another person in there and check if your player is removed on their side, if not, can you try to kick them?

Well, it’s difficult to explain, so I’ll reply you a video

Grab any type of FreeModeled admins. Kohls and HD admin work well and have a kick feature. They have built in ways to keep it hidden too.

Hey dollychun!

I’ve already answered your question in a previous reply, you should read it.
tl;dr - This seems to be a wonky bug on your end only, and will successfully kick the player. Moreover it seems this is only happening to you specifically as I believe this might be a bug in your specific installation of roblox or studio.

Hope that helps!

I don’t think that admin command also kick works, it’s just doing Player:Kick()

Try it first then let me know if it worked or not.

Do you think I should submit this in a bug report?

I think that might actually be a good use of a bug report, however unfortunately bug reports are no longer open to members of the dev forum, you need a higher level of access to post them now.

Oof