Player not dying after health is set to 0

Hi!

While testing a game I ran into a problem where the character does not die even though its health is set to 0. The player is being killed by a script in the workspace with humanoid.health = 0. I’ve tried humanoid:TakeDamage(100) but that doesn’t work. I’ve even tried setting the health to a negative number but it still doesn’t work. How can I fix this?

All help is appreciated :pray:

check if the script even works. check the player’s humanoid

1 Like

I have already done that :slight_smile:

(30)

The problem seems to be something about the BreakJointsOnDeath setting. I need it disabled, but when I enable it, the death script works.

can you still control the character even if the health is 0?

No I can’t. The character just freezes.

When BreakJointsOnDeath is set to false, your character is not affected by death. You become a cold, unfeeling immortal. Humanoid.BreakJointsOnDeath

Set it to true and try using a ragdoll script. Or you can manually respawn the character everytime it “dies”.

Ok wordddd this worked!

But now how do I keep the joints from breaking on death? I have a ragdoll script but now it doesn’t work because the joints break :skull:

If you want to keep BreakJointsOnDeath false, then you can make a script to check if the player has died then manually reload their character.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.