Players' animations are laggy when standing close to them

When I stand close to someone or zoom in on them in my game their animations become really laggy on my screen, but when I move away their animations become smooth. I have no idea what’s causing this, is there a way to fix it? Also I’m sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

5 Likes

I am also experiencing this. This affects viewmodels in my game + viewport frames with animated humanoids. It doesn’t happen constantly, it usually kicks in after being in game for awhile. (Animations appearing low fps at a distance is constant iirc). It’s very intrusive at times. especially for viewmodels.

Vid of this issue:

This is also the case with my game:

3rd person animations play fine:

1st person animations are very choppy:

You can notice that while I am moving the camera around, it is smooth, but the animations played in 1st person are choppy. The way the 1st person viewmodel works is that a tool is parented to a fake character with a humanoid which plays the animations.

This doesn’t always happen and I never noticed it, nor was it reported by any player before a few weeks ago. Maybe something was changed to humanoid playing animations?

1 Like

Somehow my Animation runs fine
is it because you’re setting your FPS Animation to 10?