Players cannot load into game

I don’t personally experience this bug, but I have had issues in the past with players being stuck of the loading screen, roblox seemed to have fixed it for a while but I’m getting a lot of reports of it happening again.

6 Likes

This is happening a lot now. Roblox, please fix it.

Yes big bug happening right now with my loading screen.

1 Like

This appears to be ContentProvider PreloadAsync infinitely yielding.

2 Likes

yeah recently without any update to our game, players cant seem to join (sitting in the joining screen for about 10 minutes), started last week after roblox updated

1 Like

I can confirm that this is happening to me as well on a few select games.

Here is a log file of the issue.

0.623.0.6230555_20240506T210750Z_Player_3172B_last.log (21.0 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for the report! Just to confirm, we have a ticket for this in our internal database.

1 Like

Hm, as @thirdtakeonit said this has already been made a ticket (as of now, since they just saw this.)
But I have never seen this before, interesting… Keep me updated, Bye.

This is still happening, can confirm happened to me.

This appears to be ContentProvider PreloadAsync infinitely yielding.

Based on this hint, I think I may have found a problem.

Have you been able to confirm that this only happens if you call ContentProvider:PreloadAsync on animations specifically? I think other asset types should not have this problem based on what I found.

1 Like

Not OP, but had a recent Closed Beta of my experience, and I used PreloadAsync on an animation. This caused certain users to yield indefinitely and only after disabling this behavior could they start playing again.

Did not report it since I chalked it up to network issues from the users.

Thanks. For context: I’m trying to separate “delayed” from “indefinite”.

Both reports are useful, but the Animation case I found was able to just indefinitely hang a Script.

2 Likes

I don’t know what y’all are talking about I’ve never used that code before but can you fix it I can’t even load into my own game

1 Like

I can’t say specifically, but preloading animations are one of the things done on my loading screen

This really should have a higher priority if players are taking 30 minutes to load into games it can be a problem. Let me know if there’s any way I can help.

It seems to only happen in servers that have existed for a while. I don’t use preload at all, so I do not think that is the cause. I don’t have any major data leaks either that I’m aware of. Resetting servers fixes it for a short period.