Playing game in Studio with voice chat enabled and CharacterAutoLoads set to off will hang game until a character is set

When playing a game in Roblox studio, where voice chat is enabled and game.Players.CharacterAutoLoads is off, the loading screen will hang on a grey background, and will not change until the player has had a character model assigned to them.

Video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqTLMwqQ7Y

Edit: Seems that disabling the “Updated Roblox Controls” beta feature fixes this issue.

Expected behavior

The game should run normally, ignoring the fact that a character has not been assigned to the player yet.

8 Likes

To me it seems like this bug started happening right after I have enabled the beta feature “Updated Roblox Controls” try disabling it and restarting Roblox Studio, it fixed it for me.

4 Likes

Disabling this did not fix this for me.

2 Likes

Disabling this has seemed to fix it for me. Very odd how it’s fixed for me but not for @Abcreator.
I’ve updated the post to mention this.

2 Likes

Sorry, just re-checked and it appears as if Roblox auto re-enabled the option for me despite me disabling it multiple days ago, please disregard my previous reply. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This might be related to this report I made a few days ago:

The only difference is that the bug doesn’t go away when I disable the Updated Roblox Controls beta feature

…Unfortunately it was visited by the fourth horseman of bug reports it’ll probably never see the light of day

I was able to bandaid-fix the bug with an autohotkey script that uses the roblox command bar to remove the loading screen from the CoreGui

2 Likes

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. It does indeed happen in the combination “Updated Roblox Controls” Beta enabled + voice/cam enabled place + CharacterAutoLoads set to false.
We’re working on a fix which will ship with one of the next Studio updates.

1 Like

Hello, thanks again for reporting this issue. A fix for it is rolled out with Studio 595.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.