Playing my game sends you to a different game

This morning around 9:30 est players of my game are being sent to a different game entirely, and my game lost nearly all of its players. I didn’t update anything in the game so it was a roblox update that caused this, maybe something with teleportservice.

They are getting sent to this game:

There is no reference to this game’s id anywhere in my code.

Initially my game used a hub place so you can select the game mode you want, with the main game mode sending you to escape the switch. I removed the hub place and replaced it with the main game to see if that would fix it. It isn’t happening all the time for me anymore but some users are still reporting it. I’m worried that if I add back the hub place nobody will be able to access the game again.

3 Likes

This is a simple problem with a simple fix. You have a virus. What you can do is search in the explorer for ‘script’ and remove the virus. The virus should be any script that you had no idea existed in the first place. If this isn’t working, try removing some plugins.

I’m sure those techniques will work.

If you need any more help please don’t be afraid to reply.

Hope this helps! :+1:

7 Likes

Recategorized to scripting support since you probably do not have a platform bug, but rather malicious code likely inserted by a malicious plugin. Many resources exist on the forum for dealing with this, use the search bar.

Code like this can sit dormant for a while which may be why this happened suddenly with no updates.

6 Likes

Search through your script for malicious code. If the ID isn’t there, it’s likely hidden in maths, i.e:

local id = 503928*20/10 -- this wont be anything i just made it up

or obfuscated.

If you find the script and delete it; but it still occurs, check your plugins.

You might have a virus in you’re game. Here’s what you should check for these viruses:

• Did you put any free models in you’re game? If so then check inside these models. there might be some script’s teleporting you there.

• Did you put any new plugin’s in you’re game? If so then make sure to check if the creator is a reliable person. Or it might just be a copy. Remove that plugin and replace it with the real deal.

1 Like

I’ve posted a similar post which could be found here:

As I said in that post, there could likely be back-doors in some of the models, scripts or plugins that you use. There are many resourceful community tutorials that can help teach you how to remove these back-doors. Here are a few popular ones on the DevForum:

1 Like

There is no reference to this game’s id anywhere in my code.

Try running a search for require.

Most scripts(“viruses”) of this type hide IDs by using math with arbitrary numbers to avoid people running simple searches for their source.

As an example (not taken from an active script):
coroutine.resume(function(require(51982*35)))

Thanks for the help everyone, looks like it was a plugin or a script accidentally inserted by one of the devs

3 Likes

Remember to report bad plugins!

Roblox moderation does exist and there’s a big focus on bad plugins. Reporting bad plugins gets them off of the front page which is where most of them get picked up.

4 Likes

I’m glad you found it.

If you’re ever in need of plugin searching, or a new backdoor pops up in your game you can just dm me. samtheman#7181

Backdoors are annoying, so I wouldn’t want to see any big games infected with them.