Please help! I can't take this anymore! How do I do animations!

I want to change the idle and walking animations individually. That’s all.

Ah, then I wouldn’t know how to do that. Apologies!

1 Like

Maybe try fiddling around with this

So the code does work but not consistently?

Yes. It works mostly in roblox studio, but in the game (and especially with other players in the game) sometimes I might experience a number of weird things such as:

-When I move or stop it plays the previous idle animation for a split second
-The idle animation plays when you walk
-Animation takes a while to actually play
-Sometimes it just straight up doesn’t do anything

Ok make the player jump evrey time you set an animation make jump power to 0 and problem solved that’s what I did when ihad the same problem as you

1 Like

That doesn’t sound like good practice, and it sounds like it could get very buggy

I’m not too well versed with animations but shouldn’t you be using priority: action? for customs?

the reason I say this is because roblox anims will override any low priority or at least I would assume so.

I did use action at first, but that doesn’t work too well when you use :LoadAnimation

Reason: Because animation would keep playing and never stop

I may be wrong here, but wouldn’t that be because you’re supposed to script it to where it will stop and play depending on conditions

When I tried out custom animations I had conditions set up to make lets say a crouch animation moving anim stop if not moving and play idle crouch, vice versa–i will check my code see if it can help"

edit: ok i don’t really want to release the code because its not that good but it does work–if a solution is not found i will post later

Every player has an animate script. Try to change animation’s id in these scripts.

The built-in animator handles that. That’s why you have to set the animation priority to core

You can’t change the contents inside a script, and also that’s what I’m doing, but I’m just loading in the animation afterwards because that seems to make it work better

You can change it.(Sorry for ui elements and other things, it is just test place)

Wow, you were right all along. Turns out I was overcomplicating things this whole time and I should of just settled with this.

hit.Parent.Humanoid.JumpPower = 0.1
wait(0.1)
hit.Parent.Humanoid.Jump = true
wait(0.1)
hit.Parent.Humanoid.JumpPower = 0

This should be fixed once and for all, but I might come back to this topic if I encounter problems again (Let’s hope not)

1 Like

Also you can wrap that in a coroutine so the wait() doesn’t delay the other parts of the script

I’ve found a post that might help: post

It has worked pretty well for me and until Roblox fixes this its the best idea you can use and I don’t think forcing the player to jump will make its buggy

Hey buddy I’ve once encountered a bug with animations I remembered me fixing its but it was a very annoying problem reset your character in-game and see if the script still works if not let me know ill find out how I fixed its

Is your game a group game? Then you need to publish the animation in the group.