Please Revert the "Friend Activity" Update

ikr i do the same, to easily see if anyone’s playing my games or if the like ratio has changed, or if anyone’s playing certain low-playercount games so i can hop on and say hi

roblox could also use a quick overview panel just for this, displaying all your games and current player count, and may some other stuff, all together at the click of a button

my niece played adopt me on my account and now its stuck in my Continue 'cause i have friends who play it ;-;

Dear lord, this is just straight up incompetent. WHO in upper management approved this?

Can we get someone who works in roblox commenting on this?

The fact someone saw the “Friend Activity” thing was a problem and just opted to change it to a plain-text count of how many friends have recently played the game is astonishing. It literally is worse than it was before, in terms of how it looks, getting rid of the at least “stylized” bar, as well as extremely confusing, because while “Friend Activity” implied what it said, “# Friends” makes players think that they have friends currently in the game, when they aren’t.

This is quite frankly very embarrassing from Roblox.

13 Likes

Hey, bumping this because the “Friend Activity” thing seems to still be here. Can we get any kind of input on this?

4 Likes

It’s baffling that you have to install an extension just to revert this. This is especially annoying for games you work on:
Okay, great, my friends played it. So what? I also played the games, I don’t care. I want to be able to view player count and rating at a glance.

Of course, this goes for games I don’t develop on as well. My friends playing a game usually means I might like it too, but how am I supposed to know if it’s popular or not & if it’s rated well when this little banner is in the way? The old Friend Activity sort handled this perfectly. The fact that Roblox is hiding these two vital stats makes no sense.

6 Likes

Bump, it’s worst than just useles, it’s a worse experience

3 Likes

Let me bump again, less go a lot of text! Hurray!

3 Likes

Please revert this rubbish!
(bump)

8 Likes

Bumping because this issue still has not been addressed

4 Likes

This is crap UX and misleading. Can’t believe this is still running. Anti-user design made to artificially inflate click through numbers.

9 Likes

Why is this still here?‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌

3 Likes

I don’t know, but as a developer, I am still furious I need to click onto the game page to do check the playercount now no matter where I’m seeing the game listed.

5 Likes

This is still here in a way. It now tells you how many friends have played the game, while STILL removing like and player count COMPLETELY. Please fix this!

2 Likes

It’s so small of text they could literally fit the playercount in if they wanted to, they just… refuse to.

2 Likes

Bump.
And most importantly, add the Friends playing section back.
Almost impossible to find games to play without it

2 Likes

It’s also annoying that it mixes irrelevant games into other categories now just because one of your friends played it

3 Likes

I played a garbage game just to dislike it earlier.

Now all of my friends will see that game as being played by “1 friend”.

This is unhealthy, roblox.

4 Likes

Unfortunately this is irrelevant now. It did get ignored the entire time it was still a thing. Huge thanks to Roblox for seemingly ignoring the entire community on this and continuing to make the homepage so much worse I have to wonder if the entire UX team got fired. I’m running out of energy to keep using this platform with seemingly how they’re incapable of making any good decision (oversimplifying it because I can’t use the words I want to here), but that’s for a different thread.

10 Likes

Yup. We’re left with the community itself creating Tampermonkey scripts to undo and fix all of these bad decisions. It’s pretty sad. I don’t believe they’ll improve anytime soon, so I’ll use the community-made solutions.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.