Plugin gui not working

Well I’ve checked all of the advice you’ve gave me but I’ve also checked the output and it came up with this:

Adding on, I’ve also tried to use waitforchild but it gave me this warning:

Also by the way, your image thing helped.

WaitForChild won’t work. I’d recommend looking at plugin documentation or looking at how plugins work (for the sake of making it easier, mainly those which doesn’t use Instance.new/roact for GUIs)

Do you have your plugins directory set somewhat similar to this since it should help:

Folder ¬
Script
PluginGui

I don’t recommend using YouTube tutorials as they are only great when your starting to script and not for when you’re making stuff like Plugins

I fixed the problem now. The problem was that I was saving it as a local plugin. Thanks for your help anyway!

I fixed the problem now. The problem was that I was saving it as a local plugin. Thanks for all of your help anyway!

That solution is definitely wrong, even when it’s published it won’t work, saving it as a local plugin is practically the same as publishing the plugin.

I’ve tried it and it worked. Saving it as a local plugin saves it to your computer and thus, the screengui never goes with it and it gives me the error.

I had this same issue with my plugin, but what I found out is that having a ‘ScreenGui’ as the parent of the frame will cause it to appear blank. So to fix this all you need todo is get rid of the "ScreenGui’ and rewrite your code so it parents the frame to "Plugin Gui Widget’ instead. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Slight tom foolery (Ctrl-C Ctrl-V) (Documentation was vauge and i didnt understand this but thanks :happy4: )