Plugin:OpenScript() not working

The Plugin:OpenScript() method is not working. It just does nothing. No errors. It’s not even hanging or anything; it literally just does nothing.

Repro:

1. Create a script
  2. Select the script
  3. Run this code in the command bar:
	print("Opening...")
	PluginManager():CreatePlugin():OpenScript(game.Selection:Get()[1])
	print("Opened?")

Note: I know PluginManager is deprecated, but it’s just a fast way to test this issue. The same behavior occurs with an actual plugin.

I don’t know how long this has been happening. I had an Issue created on my GitHub page for scripts not being opened 2 days ago, which led me to this issue. I have noticed recently that OpenScript sometimes took a few seconds to work. But now it just doesn’t work at all.

If it matters at all, I’m on Windows 10 x64 with the latest version of Studio (0.347.0.225070)

10 Likes

Can reproduce on my plugin that inserts a script and opens it, the script is being inserted properly but is not being opened at all.

1 Like

Bumping since I posted on a weekend. This is still a problem. My main workflow utilizes this feature.

1 Like

I hate to bump, but it’s been a week and haven’t heard anything. Same issue still exists. My main workflow revolves around plugins that manage scripts and allow me to open them.

This is also an important issue to me. My team uses plugins that open small modulescripts for interactions with NPCs and other kinds of game actions, and they are now unable to do so.

1 Like

This is happening with my plugin too. Glad to know it wasn’t my fault.

This should be fixed in the next release.

3 Likes

Thank you :heart:

Cheers!

Tonight’s Studio release has fixed this issue.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.