Plugin thumbnails are not being uploaded or displayed as a preview

Whenever you try to upload an image as thumbnail for a plugin the image doesn’t pop up as preview nor does Roblox notify you if it got uploaded correctly.
there’s absolutely no response from whenever it’s been successful or not, it stays the same default image.

I would’ve expected either a notification that the image got uploaded correctly and is in review or the preview popping up.

This bug happens 100% of the time and goes as following:

1. Edit/Create a plugin
  2. Press the: “Select an image from your computer” button
  3. choose the file (doesn’t matter if it’s supported png/jpg and 150x150 or bigger. tried all of it)
  4. Press open.

I came across this a couple days ago when i tried to adjust the image for my plugin: Void's Easy-Scripter Plugin - Roblox

This bug started occurring (as far as I’m aware) 1 or 2 days ago.

I have tested it on Firefox 69.0.3 (64-bit) and Firefox Developer Edition 71.0b1 (64-bit)

2 Likes

Well, I am not sure if this is a bug. You must wait a few minutes to load. I have been experiencing that problem by uploading thumbnails for games. Also, I don’t guarantee it will work.

I waited atleast a couple days for it to happen then tried it again after. even kept the page atleast an hour long open for it to update. nothing occurs (as stated in the bug report).
maybe that uploading it with a different browser will help.

This is just a Roblox bug, then. Idk what happened.

I managed to upload it using Microsoft Edge 44.18362.387.0 this seems to be an issue with firefox not being able to upload images to roblox/roblox’s compatibility isn’t correct for several Firefox versions.

1 Like

Well, Chrome, Edge and Firefox aren’t the only browsers in the world. You could also try using Opera.

I just encountered this issue on Firefox and had to upload a plugin icon using Chrome instead. Firefox 69.0.3.

1 Like

has this issue been resolved yet?

Encountered a similar issue.
Chrome 81.0.4044.129

2 Likes

I don’t believe this issue has been resolved yet, I just encountered a similar issue.
I was using Chrome 87.0.4280.88 when I encountered it.

1 Like

I am trying to upload an Icon for my new plugin but this happens on Firefox Nightly 87.0a1
Why hasn’t this been fixed yet?

1 Like