[obsolete] Plugin to Collapse/Expand all folds in Explorer [warning: use at own risk!]

I really hope this becomes a proper studio feature as it will greatly improve my studio experience and I am sure many other developers.

In the mean time though I will definitely be using this plugin as it will speed up my workflow because I wont have to waste time collapsing folds. Thank you for spending time making this plugin @buildthomas.

8 Likes

I’ve used that plugin hack and other uglier hacks, don’t worry :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Why this isn’t built in I don’t know; this might just be the single most useful plugin I ever get. Nice hack plugin!

3 Likes

omg don’t tell the roblox engineers about the noob explorer for not saving it’s current state in the history service

Great plugin, would of found use for this a while ago. Maybe in the future though!

Suggestion: make a toggle for it to just be local, it can get annoying if a team create where devs are changing properties in descendants and I just pull out this.

also can i steal your knowledge of studio

That’s impossible, it’s part of how this hack works. (see description of implementation) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This plugin doesn’t seem to work for me. I see the shortcuts for it but it doesn’t appear in the plugins tab. Is it no longer supported?

Can’t reproduce, working in Studio currently and I can use it fine. Try reinstalling the plugin / restarting the place file or Studio.

If you’ve accidentally hidden the toolbar with the instructions in the first post, there are also instructions to undo it.

I was working as usual for a while, forgetting i had this plugin, and when I used it, everything indlucidng services desecentdants are gone. I couldn’t undo it also.

1 Like

For your place file, you can probably restore it from a previous version. I’m somewhat doubtful this plugin on its own was the cause of what you are describing, but happy to take a look if you have a clear repro case. Feel free to reply with one.

(Just fyi, this is labeled as “Use at your own risk!” and [hack] in the title)

It’s amazing, time-saving, and incredibly beneficial. Thank you very much.

I wish this were a feature, but I’ll use this amazing plugin until then. Thanks for the hack!

RTFM :slightly_smiling_face:

The post clearly states “use at your own risk”. Take it as a lesson that you should actually read posts before using the tools. The fault is entirely on yourself if you didn’t make a backup before using this, despite the warning and the “[hack]” in the title.

(For what it’s worth btw, I’ve never heard anyone else about any such major issues while using this tool.)

6 Likes

it’s clearly the post over me saying they lost all their stuff too

Read my previous response.

If you want better support, I recommend not burning bridges by starting your conversation with “screw you and your [creation I provided to you entirely for free]” next time. Tough luck.

2 Likes

This is amazing. I’ve been looking for something like this for a LONG time! Thank you for making this!

Update on this-- collapse all should be coming in the next two weeks or so. Expand is undetermined if it will be implemented or not as we’re not sure of how much usage it will have.

4 Likes

This plugin should be superseded by this change now: Explorer [Selection and Navigation Beta]

We finally got them to add it :tada:

1 Like

Do not use this. It deleted my entire map hierarchy. Thankfully had a backup lol. Please delete.

I’m assuming you failed to read through the thread before replying because this plugin is obsolete anyway (post literally above yours, yikes :man_facepalming:)

Will have this locked for extra clarity.

1 Like