Poor Clarification within DevForum Topic Descriptions?

New members tend to misuse topics for something else. For me, as I joined a few months ago, I personally find it hard to decide whether this and that is the right topic. There are tons of mistakes I make, and many more when upcoming new developers use forums, and unintentionally flag/make a topic as off-topic. In my opinion, I would say there should be more clarification to each topic message we are given when creating topics like this one.

Even if Roblox adds messages in a topic in an attempt to give a brief description about the topic a user chooses, its surprisingly hard to consider a topic on-topic. Like for example, #development-discussion is used for development within Roblox. But what if members mistake and consider anything else outside of Roblox Studio related topic, off-topic? Such as Clothing Designing concerns, etc.

Feel free to give feedback if you disagree or agree with what I am having trouble with right now.

What do you mean topic? Do you mean category? Each category has a pinned “About” topic that explains how to use the category.

If you want a description to be improved you should message /g/DevEngagementTeam

2 Likes

The problem is often with the neglection of these guidelines, they are pretty specific already. For example, regarding your concern about #development-discussion, the pinned about topic already has much more info than it did before the posts flooded in, but they still continue to do so:

There are still many topics mainly containing only polls, there are still topics that are chatroom-type, etc.

If I were new to the Forum, I’d message Community Editors for quick clarification–that’s their job and they will gladly help you, so do that instead of guessing and posting.

2 Likes

Seem’s like great resource. I just hope its pinned somewhere where everyone could see it. Specifically, all of the categories combined. If it is already, I most likely have a problem with seeing everything. Thanks a bunch guys!