Post-Approval for Recruitment Topics

I totally agree with this, usually people make the topic with just an “explanation”, and an social media were you can contact that person, i would like to see this in the devforum, please accept it.

1 Like

By that logic, all Help and Feedback categories should disable replying as well since many people can simply solve problems with DMs.

We don’t need another category that’s exactly like #bulletin-board

Plus, replying is essential for finding the right people for a job. It’s very easy for a recruitment thread to be buried in a few hours, replies are the only thing that can bump threads.

Without them, it’d be harder to hire anyone at all and development on all future Roblox games would probably slow down.

Post-Approval is better since a lot of the posts there are low-quality.

1 Like

This solution was considered by the Post Approval team, and they shot it down so strongly that I doubt we will ever see it’s expansion to any other area, ever.

2 Likes

Except that is a non-comparison. The forum is a public resource, and privately solving issues defeats the purpose. Developers who assist/ need assistance with their project don’t go to recruitment. They go to #help-and-feedback. We (and devs not in the forum yet) come for the announcements, tutorials and help and feedback. Not necessarily recruitment. And more people are suggesting disabling replies there. Generally, discord tags are left in recruitment as a way of communication. So they can use that.

Yes, like really, please.

The recruitment category is a dump with the influx of new members’ (relative to how old their join date is but isn’t limited to) poor posts which add nothing. Take this thread or any other recruitment thread offering serious $$$. While I’m not trying to say “let’s block all access to recruitment because members are making ridiculously crappy and uncontributive posts”.

I whole heartedly agree with the OP.

I can definitely agree with the recruitment section being a dump. I keep coming across posts that provide little to no information to go off and it really feels like a waste of time to me. I know people are excited to build their own development team but it’s starting to become a mess by letting every post go through with no approval. As you said getting posts out would take some time but it’s better than letting out every post that is basically out there just to waste people’s time.

1 Like

Repeating from earlier: It is infeasible to put post approval on Collaboration categories – we will need another solution for this. I do no want to waste our volunteers’ precious time and mental state on reviewing collab posts over i.e. feature requests and bug reports, which is much more important and what post approval is actually intended for.

1 Like

What about just making them read-only like bulletin board and only the OP can reply. Plus literally every topic is just ppl flaming for using free models