Potential Roblox Virus

I have found several articles relating to a trojan virus found throughout Roblox, infecting Windows devices. It supposedly comes from “Synapse X,” though I don’t know what that is or if it’s a threat to players in general. Here are three hyperlinks about the potential threat:

Again, I don’t know if this is an actual threat or not. I’m not very well versed in external scripting engines, but I do know it uses Lua.
Also, pardon that I had to put this in Scripting Support. I can’t use Bug Reports yet, but I thought this was urgent enough to necessitate posting.

2 Likes

From what I can gather, the program, Synapse X, is a LUA bytecode interpreter which is used by exploiters to circumvent security on Roblox games. Basically, someone modified a version of this program to install a back door on a system to make it easy for an intruder to gain access to a computer system. So unless you are using it to exploit a game or for some other purpose, I wouldn’t worry about it.

To be honest, this is nothing new. Stuff like this has been going on for 30+ years and even predates the public internet. When BBSs and phone modems were a thing, you could download files to do things. When I was playing World of Warcraft (and other games), trainers and exploit programs were not only buggy but also contained malicious code for the unwary. So the best thing to is to stay away from software like this and stay away from “warez” sites that distribute it.

And if you are on Windows, always keep a virus scanner running. Even Windows Defender is better than nothing and it works. Other platforms generally have better security, but bugs can and do cause problems. So always keep your software up to date.

4 Likes
  1. Nice script

2. Does this guy seriously think that the most popular script executor exploit is a trojan?

3. All three of these articles you linked are insanely uneducated on technology in general, much less Roblox or the exploits people have made for it, heck one of those links isn’t even a credible source.

Well, someone smart enough would notice the description being like

Link: randomlink.com
Password: 12234567890

but otherwise yes it can.

I’m afraid these are all cyber security centers.

Just to be clear, are your points 1 and 2 directed at me? I’m not sure because your reply was directed at the OP.

All at the OP

(I’m both amazed and unsurprised that the mods haven’t got to this thread yet, goes to show how much flagging works)

I’m relatively new to the community so I’m still learning about it. The mods probably have looked at the thread and decided to keep it up. The OP tried sounding a panic alarm and I quenched it with facts, logic, and history. To me, the linked articles looked like sensationalist reporting which is why I responded the way that I did. Basically a bunch of hype with no real substance…the linked articles that is. Granted, everyone has different levels of knowledge and skill, and we were all beginners at some point. I figured that the OP probably doesn’t know any better.

To be clear I only posted this to be sure Roblox was safe. I want to ensure this is not indeed a threat.

Even though it goes against literally everything in the pinned thead and is in turn being a literal waste of space in this category so people with genuine scripting assistance needs get buried?

Well, when you put it like that, it does seem asinine for them to leave it up. Who knows what their motivations are? I sure don’t. However, from what I have “heard” from the community about moderation performance, I cannot say that I’m entirely surprised.

1 Like