Potential way of fixing build lag

I’m so happy someone proved what I was trying to explain for so long! Unions tend to triangulate meshes more than required and people did not believe me, for whatever reason, my guess it’s their comfort.

I am using only meshparts; and my tip for every single builder is to use unions only when:

• Fixing textures.
    (Yeah, that’s the only use.)

And one more thing, as Bixby said. Do not use meshparts for something that can be easily built with parts; meshparts need to be loaded as an different asset, and parts load faster.
So I’d say the go is:

• Build what is big and easily done with parts.
  • Build complex assets with low polygon meshparts.

Again, thanks for the detailied report.

7 Likes

If you’re experiencing lag while building in a Team Create, I’d recommend building separately in a single-player place without anything else. I use a template with all of my kit I need to build my models which I can re-use without experiencing lag in the Studio place. After all that I transfer my models into the main place where I cannot build without minor lag or disconnecting. Hope this helped :>

3 Likes

Good post, I’ve done tests myself and the choice is clear. Though one person shouldn’t use all mesh but a healthy mixture of parts and mesh instead of parts and unions.

2 Likes

Even if you mesh a number of parts together on blender the trig count will be the same, meshing unions together will decrease the trigs

1 Like