Pressing Enter closes Ctrl+F window

Been trying to find lines in my code by using Ctrl+F but when I press enter it closes. Only works if I click on the buttons.

6 Likes

What OS are you on? I cannot reproduce this issue on Win 10.

Windows 10

What are the exact repro steps? I’ve been trying to do the following:

Open a new place
Add a script
Open the script
Ctrl+F
Enter

Also typing some text before hitting Enter, both seem to work ok.

What color is the close tab icon for you as well?

Cant say anything about the closing tab bc i’m not currently home. I was just looking through a script and trying to find phrases in the code but it would close. I’ll give you an update when i am home

I still can’t reproduce this on my machine, but we have a new find coming soon that should also resolve this issue. If the new find comes out and this still happens for you, let me know!

1 Like

Just wanted to add in case this helps, seems as though pressing enter in the find box does work the first time I do it… occasionally. After that first time though it will just close until I open a new window of studio.

Also something to note is that after the window crashes after pressing enter, whatever I had just typed in will not be saved. It will only save if I type and then click to search, which is also only when it will actually search.

Lets hope that new find function fixes the problem! Been very annoying to have to move to my mouse every time I need to search something.

Yeah this is pretty frustrating. I know I have the term ‘asin’ in the script, yet I have to manually push the button every time…

8aa230b25e139fa1a8db6b386ca7df1f2035d915.png

I agree with the others on this being painfully annoying. :slight_smile:

This shouldn’t happen anymore now that the new find dialog has shipped.

1 Like