Pressing Shift+Enter in the script editor will create an invalid unicode character

When editing a script, if Shift+Enter are pushed at the same time, the script editor creates an unrecognised unicode character, however it will still display as a new line
This issue is not instantly noticeable until you run the code and get a very specific error

The bug can be recreated by writing a few lines and pushing Shift+Enter to create a new line

System OS: Windows 10
Studio Version: 436.0.406474

36 Likes

Hi FilteredDev

Thanks for the report, we will take a look.

13 Likes

Happening to me aswell, roblox must have broke it with some new update

3 Likes

It’s worth nothing that this only started happening with today’s studio update. I use Shift + Enter to move blocks of code constantly.

4 Likes

Possibly related to Hitting enter in a textbox places a carriage return before finalizing input (broken again)?

This is quite interesting since Studio doesn’t use ASCII for the Script Editor and I assume that it uses UTF-8.

Besides that, it also affects macOS by pressing Shift + Return aswell.

1 Like

Once I tried to fix that for hours, then I found out that copy and pasting it into a new script instance can fix it.

1 Like

Copy pasting your script in the SAME script instance also works but doesn’t solve the problem, this need to get fixed asap.

2 Likes

I have been experiencing this for a few days now and it is extremely frustrating and I end up spending twice as long on my scripts. Appreciate it if this can get resolved ASAP.

3 Likes

Seems to be doing it in comments as well

2 Likes

This bug has been annoying me to no end.
Hope its fixed soon :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Same error has happen to me when I do this

local configuration = {
   ['Table'] = {}
}

Started happening to me two days ago. Took me forever to figure what was causing it.

I was SO confused when this started happening to me. I just copied and pasted it in the same script as said above. Hope it’s fixed soon! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m still experiencing this. I’ve seen a couple of submitted bug reports ~18 days ago, and no fix yet? :frowning:

2 Likes

This issue should now be resolved in release 0.439.0.407878, please let me know if you are still experiencing this bug, thanks!

7 Likes

It was fixed for me, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.