Prevent Players from pushing or repositioning a moving NPC

I really don’t like Humanoids. Have you ever tried to make a spherical world? Let me tell you, it is like Roblox is actively trying to fight back. Humanoids have lots of limitations and constraints and as long as there are features of it we can’t manipulate, we will have problems with it.

That is why people started working on Luanoid. It is open source, so anyone is welcome to contribute features to it. I’d recommend editing it and using it even if the hitbox method works – even if solely for the purpose of advancing the common interests of all Roblox developers.

1 Like

If you don’t like current Humanoids or the inability to modify its features, then I think the RDC 2019 talk “Future of Avatar” would interest you. I don’t know if there are any guarantees about what was mentioned there but they spoke about humanoid componentisation. You can take pieces you want from the box and modify them to your heart’s content: add, remove, change, whatever.

This would almost completely (but not wholly) rid of the need to use custom Humanoid implementations when you can modify the behaviour of the Humanoid itself with the packages that Roblox makes available to you. You could merge concepts from Luanoid even.

The above video begins specifically at the Humanoid Componentisation section, but if you’re vested into the avatar then you could watch the whole talk.

2 Likes