Prevent server crashes from exploiters

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I’d like for my game to not be crashed by exploiters at random times (sometimes they do it throughout the whole day)

2. What is the issue?
    The fact anyone can go and crash servers which has made me drop by 80% in revenue.

It’s hard to tell what they do, I’ve monitored everything and found nothing suspicious in the game, but it just seems to keep going on. It’s 100% an exploiter and some people in the game have said like

“I’m loving synpase”

1. What solutions have you tried so far?
    We’ve tried to patch several exploits but now there is this one which seem unknown to me.
2 Likes

GetGlobals posted a script that I believe should work:

However, if it’s not immediately dire, you’re better off waiting since Roblox has a fix in the works.

2 Likes

There’s not exactly a lot we can do here except taking guesses at what it is if you don’t have some sort of lead.

It might be what GetGlobals posted about, but if it’s not you’ll need to look further into it.

Thank you, we’ll implement it.

This has been solved thanks to Pauljkl. The vulnerability was Adonis Admin Commands. He’s free to make an explanation of how and why if anyone’s interested.

But it did fix our issue.

I’m hoping you weren’t extorted of any funds/limiteds.
The method that was used is a public one that has been released from 2019.

As far as the vulnerability would be Adonis separating a single string into multiple commands by spacing.
So the exploiter would spam a command called :clean with over 10k iterations into a single string and push it through game.Players.Chat(cleanCommand) while also putting it in a loop.

So basically Adonis would run this one command thousands of thousands of time in a short span as the command itself can be very intensive for the server.

2 Likes

I wasn’t extorted but I know people who are and I’ll talk to them.