Problem with Billboard GUI

Hey! I am trying to make an arrow pointer for an obby (to signal where the next checkpoint is), and the main point of it is for it to stay above the checkpoint until the player reaches it. The only problem I have is that I don’t know how to do it. I tried using a billboard gui but if I looked above the checkpoint, the arrow would stay as its full image. I want it to stay pointing at the checkpoint the entire time. Here are some examples:

What I don’t want:

What I want:

If this helps, I technically only want the image to only be moving on the X axis; not the Y axis.

If you could help, it would mean a lot. Thank you for your time.

[EDIT: Sorry for the lag in the videos; I hope it’s clear enough to see the different perspectives from the top.]

1 Like

Don’t think BillboardGUI is able to do that. The best way that I know to get what you wanted is by using Beam with FaceCamera set to true and TextureSpeed set to 0. Here i attached an example to help you:

BeamPointer.rbxm (3.7 KB)

This was also mentioned in some other post : BillboardGuis that don't rotate vertically? - #7 by rbxRunix

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.