Problem With Saving Data

I have been coding in Lua for a while now. I personally think I have gotten pretty good at it, and I usually learn things with relative ease. However, I have never been this stuck on a topic until now. What I’m talking about is saving player data, a crucial function that all good games must have. The big problem about learning a (slightly) more advanced topic is that a lot of people who make tutorials about it don’t know what they’re talking about. If they do, there is a good chance the tutorial is outdated. So after hours of research, I know how saving data works, but I don’t know how to actually code it. Could someone explain to me how to actually make it work? Or if there’s a good tutorial you know about, please send me the link for it!

Funny story (for everybody but me). I actually tried taking an online class in order to understand it, and the person who was teaching me (who claimed to have a college education, btw) said they had never saved data before and couldn’t help me.

Oh, I fogot to clarify about something. I heard there was a good way to save data, and a bad way to save data that might not work if you put in too many requests. I’m trying to learn the better, more advanced way of doing it. Sorry!

Try to learn the simple way first, trust me.

I heard you can use smth called DataStoreV2 i dont know much about it but you can search about it. You can also use another data store related thing called ProfileService, you can search about it. (Those are some better ways, but more advanced.)

Roblox has its own site for this and teaches some scripts there, and if you want us to save an item, the script on roblox’s own site can teach us even simple scripts from there, probably most of us have learned Gnomocode or from these sites. (famous youtubers like gnomocode)

You should learn to walk before you can run, you should understand data stores on a basic level, after all the hard part of datastores is respecting the limits and working your way around them.

But if your problem is the limits then you can use a module like ProfileService which is what i personally use.