Problem with UIListLayout/UIGridLayout for Collapse/Expand frame

Hello, I’m making Command Panel where you can expand command to see description and Roles that can use this command (something familiar to PSX Command Panel).

Problem is with setting UIListLayout/UIGridLayout. Frames are on each other.

I tried to make one frame which stores Button and Info (It works) but Scroller doesn’t expand.

2 Likes

I still didn’t found an solution.
I don’t know If i have to do it by script or not.

Please show us the structure of your UI in Explorer or the script if it is Roact

EDIt: Try changing the AutoSize property of each item frame to “Y”

Frame called “Template” have set AutomaticSize to Y. Using UIListLayout doesn’t glitches frames as here:
And it looks like this now:

but when I have more labels with command, the scrollbar doesn’t expand.

Here is structure of UI:

Hi, What is the intended behavior?

You can click the arrow to expand it for more information.
Something like this:

As I said, Scroller is not expanding after adding new frames.

My GUI looks very similiar to PSX but I’m only practicing.

Use scrollingFrame.AutomaticCanvasSize = Enum.AutomaticSize.Y.

1 Like

I’m using it but it looks like this:

And what is wrong? It works absolutely fine.

Scrollbar doesn’t expand after reaching more than 2 frames. AutomaticSize applied to frames is invisible for Scrollbar. It expands after reaching 6 frames and it looks like this:

Set automaticsize to y on your info and template frames.

Setting AutomaticSize to Info doesn’t make sense. Template have already set AutomaticSize to Y. Size in Template Properties doesn’t change.

Try changing the CavasSize (if it lets you with AutomaticSize). Maybe it’s affecting it.

EDIT:
Try setting CanvasSize to 0,0,0,0, maybe it’ll help:

If that doesn’t help, you can explore the rest of that thread is it is related to the same issue.

EDIT 2:
If you have padding, this might also be related:

It’s not problem with CanvasSize, It’s problem with Template frame.
Size of Template frame doesn’t changes and it stays {1,0},{0.175,0} even with setted AutomaticSize to Y

1 Like

I think that’s normal. The Size doesnt affect the true size when using AutomaticSize. Please try changing the CanvasSize as I had mentioned, it’s worth a try if you haven’t already.