Problems with datastores, again

Same issue in my game. It seems to be a platform wide issue at the moment.

3 Likes

Maby the datastores are down again…

Had to close down my game just in case, the datastores are completely unavailable. Surprisingly they do still work in studio.

I can confirm, datastores are currently failing in a seriously nasty way; no errors, only returning nil. This should be marked ROBLOX CRITICAL.

1 Like

In the meantime, you can add this in your datastore, if the data is not loaded they should be kicked to try to prevent the data loss.

Can’t. The API calls aren’t failing, they’re returning nothing. You can’t tell it apart from a new player like this.

Finally, I was waiting for a post on this. DataStores seen down for me as well

Hm yeah, I suppose that is true.

I currently have no problems using datastore! It works fine for me and the other 35 people in my server.

Seems random just joined some games they seem to work maby it’s regional? I’m from Europe

1 Like

It seems that they are broken on new servers. Old servers seem to be working fine.

EDIT: Never mind, there’s another thread in a more appropriate board

Then this problem accured not long ago because the server i am in currently exists for 1 hour

Could you please post the thread in here?

There’s a reply from a staff member here, so they are aware.

My bad, I’m still new to posting here. I’ll try to be more observant in the future.

It’s fine, you just happened to be the first one to post about it that I saw, and I was recommending it only because it would hopefully draw everyone else into replying here instead of making a bunch more threads. Little too late for that, though, so no worries.

Just to let you know, the ROBLOX CRITICAL tag is no longer used and threads should not be marked with it. Engineers get notifications about all bug reports and ROBLOX CRITICAL doesn’t do anything.

We had to close our game with almost 20k concurrent players. I hope that DataStore issues are resolved as soon as possible! :slightly_frowning_face:

See GetDataStore erroring "400: Invalid Operation"