Properties panel shows "phantom selection"

This is an issue that was reported before, but was either mistakenly labelled as “Fixed” or is a regression. See the original post here.

On rare occasion, when you deselect an object, the Properties panel will continue to behave as if that object is still selected. The issue persists until restart or until the object is manually selected and deselected in the Explorer by the user. This occurred for me about 5 minutes ago on version 0.611.0.6110432.

I don’t remember exactly what I did to cause it. If it’s any help, I confirmed that the Selection API doesn’t see what’s happening:

I also Ctrl+C Ctrl+V’ed and it did not clone the object, so whatever drives that doesn’t see the object as selected either. Manually selecting and deselecting the object made the issue disappear.

8 Likes

I am also suffering from this bug again after it was fixed not too long ago.

Original bug report:

1 Like

A new fix has been released and it should also prevent similar regressions. Let us know if it works for you.

2 Likes

There is still an issue, I used esc key to deselect and randomly got workspace properties glitched and it resulted into this

1 Like

The bug still persists.

1 Like

This bug has still been present for the last few months. The only fix for it seems to be to enter playtest and then exit it.

1 Like

I’ve gotten this bug again in a weird variant while in the middle of doing animations. I could not remove this strange selection.

1 Like

This bug is not fixed, I have been experiencing this bug for the past few weeks OFTEN, and only restarting studio clears it for me, not even reselecting the object that spawned the properties will clear them out.

In some cases I am even seeing duplicates of the properties of an object I currently have selected.

All I did was open this studio, select an object, hold ctrl to click select a few other objects, group with ctrl+g, then drag the model into server storage.

@pensive_penguin Can this get prioritized?

We’re looking into it - it’s a bit of a tough bug so apologies for not being able to give a time estimate.

When you guys run into it again, would ya’ll be able to check whether the steps here resolve it? Trying to see if these bugs are related.

If you can, including a list of general actions you were doing in Studio before getting the bug would also help us with gathering more datapoints.

1 Like