Comply with Public Recruitment replying guidelines while displaying respect

Read-me šŸ“ƒ

As time passes, the movement and circulation of the content seen on the Developer Forum progresses in relation to the progressive time. There has been a newly-popularized habit that can cause negative feelings towards others. Such the habit lacks qualitative responses that are encouraged on the Developer Forum.

The following criteria is commonly viewed but disliked on Public Recruitment thread replies.

• Accusations of free models
  • How ~$1.50 values are expensive for the provided build
  • Uncreative insight that does not demonstrate construction or reasoning

Demonstrations

• 1 - a known builder is selling multiple, high-quality trees, made from scratch.
  • (Cont) 1 - Replies 1, 2, and 3: ā€œHello everyone! Please do not buy this product, as it is copied from YouTube!ā€
  • (Explanation) 1 - These replies depict blatant disrespect. If you are not 100% sure the assets are copied or stolen, shoot the owner a private message discussing your concerns.
  • 2 - A Roman villa includes multiple Roman-traditional assets of high quality.
  • (Cont) 2 - replies 1, 2, and 3: ā€œAssets x and y do not look modern. Please revise this!ā€
  • (Explanation) 2 - Assets x and y are high quality and comply with Roman-traditional style. However, the poster does not know this, nor does s/he choose to research. For concerns, please research or privately contact the owner.
  • 3 - A known programmer is selling a fully-functional, high-quality, thoroughly-tested, unique Catalog system for R$7,500.
  • (Cont) Replies 1, 2, 3: ā€œThis is way too overpriced. I recommend R$1,000.ā€
  • (Explanation) These users do not know the value of Robux. R$7,500 = $26.25. This fee is small for the size and quality the provided module has to offer. Others may argue, ā€œwhat if s/he doesnā€™t DevEx? That is a lot of Robux?ā€ R$7,500 = $26.25. Hence the ā€œ=ā€ equal sign. The two values are equivalent, so there is no apparent difference other than cross-currencies.

TL;DR

It is not kind to state out the flaws of a creation. If you have any concerns, please privately message the owner. If you are fully aware that the sellerā€™s model contains free models, please privately delegate to the developer or a Community Sage.

You are not the content cop. If youā€™re clearly asking questions for the sake of asking questions rather than critique and the sake of qualitative reasoning, your responses are not admired, nor are they required.

You are not obliged to flood posts with irrelevant questions. Please contact the owner privately for reasonable questions.

Critique is meant for creation; negative insight that cannot create nor construct is fruitless.

Edit

This post has been delicately revised to provide clearer understanding and to showcase professionalism throughout. Please refer to the provided solution for a thorough response.

Please be aware - this thread includes messy demonstrations. If it is difficult to read, please privately contact me for more vision.

8 Likes

I do agree with this statement, a lot of people just love to cause drama and make off-topic posts on purpose or by mistake. I also think that it might make LTC stressed having to deal with it all.

1 Like

If the comment does not directly relate to the thread, then flag it for spam or off-topic because no where does it say the thread is for criticize, but instead

It is a marketplace for developers to showcase themselves, to find work, or to post opportunities for development work for others to see.
Please be respectful and donā€™t be rude to other users in this category, just like any other category. Do not insult other peopleā€™s work or opportunity, just politely decline their offer. Disputes should be handled in private messages. About the Public Collaboration category

I do agree with you but not completely.

Yes, people should not be complaining about the prices when theyā€™re not interested in buying or doesnā€™t know anything about the certain asset/service thatā€™s being sold or the asset/service is clearly overpriced. The problem lies somewhere else.
The problemā€™s how people make/receive those comments.

Iā€™ve seen many people almost attacking the seller or the seller would make the criticism look like a personal attack. THIS IS NOT THE WAY WE SHOULD BE DOING THIS!

Itā€™s good to ask questions publicly but the way itā€™s currently done is bad. There are many posts where someone asks a question publicly and 30 different people ask for the same thing in different ways. I see those kind of replies as a way to bump your stats and get promoted faster.
In my opinion, we should start bringing more awareness to the way people speak up their mind here and how they do it.

1 Like

I had not seen this topic yet, but I just posted this one and pinned it because it was bothering me too:

1 Like

I admit Iā€™m the one who talked about the Roman Villla. I apologize for my stupiditty. :joy: Iā€™m pretty new to the forum, but I should have not done what I did.

Itā€™s alright, we all make mistakes.
I did something similar on another post which I probably shouldnā€™t have done also, but we grow and learn from our errors.

2 Likes