PSA: Marketplace Asset Removals

amazing, now we need a hacker and leak protection system :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Great to see this is finally happening. Models with malicious scripts have plagued the toolbox for years, so it’s great to finally see Roblox doing something about it!

Can’t wait to see what you can do Roblox!

1 Like

I wonder if the broadcasts I was seeing in studio last night are related to this.

Please tell me you’re doing this for plugins as well. I have a malicious plugin that has been causing a lot of annoyance to me and the other developer. Finally, something that will be super helpful to the community – and to those young children developers (under ten) who just add toolbox items to their game.

This was long over do finally the toolbox will be a tool sadly people will try to bypass this

Hello people. You must remember this is a temporary band aid solution.

Roblox has done these clean ups before but malicious scripts have persisted.

For example in 2009-2013 not exactly sure Roblox removed a lot of classic viruses but we still have classic viruses.

Developers must still do their responsibility and check assets for malicious code. Its the developers job still to check for malicious and always will be. Roblox can help you but they cant protect you from everything, you must still stay vigilant.

2 Likes

Actually it did solve a lot.

Before we could not known known if something was malicious, known we can.

With closed source something is either: potential malware or confirmed malware.

Finally! Thank you! This is an amazing update! This is a win-win for everyone.

This would change roblox cause you wouldn’t be getting any gamepasses popping up over and over and over and over and over so on so forth cant wait

This isn’t really a one fix solution, it’s basically like trying to vaccum a needle in a haystack. Some false positives may get deleted but actual viruses could still probably pass.

1 Like

It’ll fix most problems though!

Bye-bye server sides! No one will miss you!

1 Like

lol malicious script makers boutta get beaned

Honestly, I think most backdoors happen by the exploiter tricking the developer into enabling loadstring or some serverside stuff. But yet no one has thought of plugin moderation there are tons of malicious plugins and even if you have BTRoblox you never know which script is malicious some people know BTRoblox’s features and hide the virus, therefore saying roblox needs to moderate plugins too.

1 Like

Thank God The Era Of The Viruses Had Ended Thanks Robloxs For Finally Ending The Free Model Viruses Era.

3 Likes

Glad this is being removed! Over 2,000 robux was stolen from my account from a cookie logger through these models.

That just got my account terminated it was just a epix inc server suite reupload i didnt get notified about it at all so uh idk lol ill try appealing but since roblox support is a mess i doubt i will get this account back

4 Likes

developer relations may be able to help, Worst case you try to get a Roblox content creator to notice that you need help, it is sad how hard it is to get someone from Roblox support to look at your ticket for more than 10 seconds

1 Like

What about plugins, though.
Some plugins are made to look like the original and insert bad scripts into your game, will plugins be moderated as well?

1 Like

Also look for “getFenv”, “string.reverse” and some other thing