PSA: Marketplace Asset Removals

LOL, im scared to look at my projects from 2012 for this very reason, younger me was a lot more unaware of those types of things.

2 Likes

If the assets were malicious anyway then nothing of value to anyone was lost

They already do that! Sometimes they hide them quite well

1 Like

I now can NOT find my assets that are NEEDED for my game and have the require id 3472854229 that is NOT malicious in any way. The modules in my game are not malicious. Please revert this annoying change. If you did, it would improve my development experience. Most of the assets I use in my games HAVE BEEN HIDDEN, not removed from the marketplaceapi. No offence but put back all assets that have require() in their scripts because finding models that have a mainmodule with a require() are really impossible to find if they are onsale. Roblox probably thought every asset that had a require(X) were viruses/backdoors and is 1000% false. This should be reverted ASAP so my deving experience can be easier.

Could there at least be a setting to hide malicious models in the toolbox, instead of forcing them to be hidden? This could improve a developers experience.

Great, all of my hard work with require(asset id), not malicious, has been lostā€¦

2 Likes

@icouldblox @Mr_Purrsalot Is it possible that Building Tools by F3X - Roblox was hidden from toolbox search results as a result of this?

It contains an opt-in autoupdate script that, if a boolvalue is optionally checked by a user, requires a module by ID containing the latest version of the model (without the user needing to own the model in their inventory, as would be necessary to be able to insert it through InsertService).

1 Like

first of at all, your chat module has a backdoored script inside it
second i dont remember ā€˜script detected as malicious, will not runā€™ ever existing

Iā€™m so happy, How some fake-free models Were removed due to the malicious code.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.