Publishing package changes causes autoupdating packages in a game to be duplicated

Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced:
Date Last Experienced: 2021-02-04 21:02:00 (-08:00)

Reproduction Steps:

1. Convert a model to a package
  2. Set the AutoUpdate property on the package to true
  3. Copy the package around the world a couple of times
  4. Make a change to the package model
  5. Publish the changes to the package – the other packages are replaced, but they are also duplicated in place.

Expected Behavior:
When publishing changes to a package, I expect other autoupdating packages in the game to be replaced with the new version.

Actual Behavior:
Autoupdating packages are replaced with the latest published version, but a duplicate copy of them is also created.

Workaround:
I currently have to scan through the game to remove redundant package duplicates.

3 Likes

Hello! We’ve been unable to reproduce this issue. Does it still occur? If yes, would it be possible to attach logs, or if you do not feel comfortable doing so, send logs to me directly? Thanks!

Have been experiencing this as well, but with scripts instead of models. It’s worth noting I am developing using team create; the issue might be related. I’m willing to send studio logs if necessary.

Thanks for reporting! This is a duplication of AutoUpdate PackageLink models are extremely buggy in Team Create

1 Like