PurpleTag | Overhead Tag

Hello I found a bug with the tags.

The tag text expands.

1 Like

Could you send me your config in DevForum DM’s? I can’t seem to replicate this.

1 Like

You join on your main account then you join on an alt account and the move the alt account far away from the your main then if the main has a tag the alt will see the giant text.

Sorry, if this does not make sense.

Not the best idea if you’d ask me…

Hey there! It is not a default, and there is a comment in the settings script warning against doing it. But I do like giving people the freedom to if they would like to. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I believe you have to script that yourself

Hey there! This is an incredible system, great work! I’ve started using it, but I wish to disable the AFK system, is there a toggle I can configure so the AFK system gets disabled? I tried any associated AFK systems, but that just made the OverheadRank system fail.

I’d appreciate any help, sorry if I missed an easy fix for this! :+1:

Disable the afkHandler local script and GlobalAFKHandler script.

1 Like

Worked, and everything is just fine now. Thank you very much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I am so sorry I did not see this until now, on the next update I’ll likely add a toggle for the system to make it easier.

1 Like

No need to be sorry! Thank you for getting back to me and planning on implementing a change/setting! That’s all that matters! :hearts:

PurpleTag V2.1

Bug Fixes
+ Accessories now turn forcefield.
Features
+ Added the ability to disable the AFK System.
+ The AFK system no longer changes your characters colors, meaning skincolor and accessory color will stay the same, but you will look see-through.

@porttoport

Planned / To-Do
+ Make a system for admin system capes (adonis, basic admin essentials) to retain their materials after returning from AFK, currently they return to "Plastic" no matter what.
1 Like

Hello can you make it that you can turn name tags on and off for the local player with a button?

1 Like

I could make an event to disable it for the local player possibly, but the button you would have to make yourself.

Ok that sounds good! How can I find the event?

It’s in the docs at the top of this thread.

I do not see it anywhere. Can you please help me find it?

1 Like

Hello! I’ve set up a command in my game where I can run :tagdisguise and it will do the code:

local hidePlayer = game.ReplicatedStorage.RankFolder.hidePlayer
hidePlayer:Fire(true)

I looked it up and im pretty sure you’re supposed to put true in that to disguise so whenever i use the command it fires hideplayer in replicated storage which is where it is once you load the game but it isnt working

This error also comes up, might be a bug in purple tags code?

Nevermind just had to pass in the player!

1 Like