PythonPublisher | Update Games Automatically at Scheduled Time with Python!

I guess this is only useful if you didn’t bring your laptop with you and you’re going out and you finished with the update before going out and publish it while you’re out

I would 50% like this cuz I barely update games now

but when looking at the code, I noticed that I was only able to get these libraries provided in PyCharm, but not in VSCode, so I assumed you used PyCharm to make this

Some games have a scheduled update time (E.g. Every Friday 5 EST).
If they are unavailable at the update time they could use this.

Additionally, some games have more than 2 places and it would be a hazzle to update them all at the same time, and with this script, they can update on time.

I only used VSCode to develop this script, and all the libraries I used are already provided when python is installed (I think)

though I do like your idea, You used VSCode to get it (i am unable to get it working in VSCode even though I have Python installed :/)

1 Like

I guess I need my computer to be turned on in order for this to work, right?

Yes, or you can use a VPS which will execute this code for you.

ok time to open replit to set it up then

1 Like

Just a tip: If you can avoid using sensitive information then do and in this case you can. It is possible to use the MessagingService Open Cloud API to tell all active servers to kick all players. This way you won’t even need to worry about the cookie getting invalidated.

That is one reason why I made an option that lets you use .env

Perhaps I can add a config to let you define a event that will be sent when the game gets shutdown. But you will need to handle the shutdown logic in game by yourself.

Edit:

.env files are just regular text files used to store ENVironment variables so if that file gets compromised your security cookie will be as well, mine was just a tip to reduce the risks and to make it more practical due to IP changes invalidating the cookie.

Name main.py __main__.py so you won’t have to write python main.py and can use python .

1 Like

You got what I put in my fork :sweat_smile:

1 Like

PythonPublisher | Version 1.1.0

Renamed main.py to __main__.py @bitsplicer
Made it aware of sys.argv so you can now input args using command bar @bitsplicer
Made it so you can specify a MessagingService event name to make it fire when publish @NinjaFurfante07
Remade handling variables from .env
+ More!

View on Github

1 Like

I have one more idea, maybe you could use Flask and localhost in the Python script to make a plugin that can interact with it, so you could change values with a plugin window in studio and like with Rojo running the Python script automatically installs the plugin into the studio.

This is a bigger idea and will require a lot of work but is possible.

What will the plugin be able to do? Edit configs? I feel like this is too much for just editting them. Maybe I can make a GUI with python to edit them?

Yeah edit the configs, it would be a cool feature and great for practice but also using some sort of graphics library in python works.

PythonPublisher | Version 1.1.1

Added Checks for required variables placeFilePath, openCloudApiKey, universeId and placeId.
Added support for railway.app
Added tutorial on how to deploy using Railway.App here
+ More!

View on Github

Coming Soon in v2! :eyes:

2 Likes

PythonPublisher | Version 2.0.0

Rewrote most of the code
Changed it from being a command line tool to a web panel.
Rewrote README.md to include a better installation tutorial
Added Deployment Guides for Docker
It now supports scheduling multiple updates at once!
+ More!

View on Github
@bitsplicer
(Please leave a like on this resource if you find it useful, it means a lot to me.)
Put your suggestions and bug reports below!

Screenshots

3 Likes

What happened to this python script? it’s like uuhhhhh two months???

LOL. I turned it into a python webserver so its easier to use.

1 Like