Question about NetworkOwnership

Hey guys I have a question. If I use NetworkOwnerShip and I do the moving in a client script will people be able to see other moving objects or no. This is for pet following.

Anything you do on the client will almost always not be able to be seen by another user, there are some exceptions and cases where changes you make on the client do actually cross over into the server. In your specific case a pet following system will require you to probably send over the position data of the player within a certain interval of time and than have the animations get played once the player performs whatever action triggers that event and than send it through a remoteevent (for both the position and the action triggers) than just have the pet perform whatever it needs to do

So is there a way I can also make animations or moving of objects for others to see?

I updated my original post (only30chars)

For animations in specific you can refer to some of these posts to help you out, since there are some cases where animations may actually replicate

Keep in mind that even if a player has NetworkOwnership over a model that’s located outside of the player’s character, animations will not replicate if locally played (learned this the hard way from a project I was working on a little bit ago, I also was implementing pet following!). I’m not sure if models inside of the player character will replicate locally played animations, but I would assume so.

1 Like