[QUESTION] Since ROBLOX is now checking scripts, If I make my own filter would I get suspended?

I am making a shout command, which involves typing in an input into a GUI. A problem that I have with this, is that it allows filtered words. I was wondering if I could make my own filter because of this problem. I am asking this due to ROBLOX checking scripts now, Thank you for any replies.

1 Like

I have never heard or known that Roblox is now ‘checking’ scripts. Do you mean, skimming through every single script of a game one by one. I do not think they have the resources nor the time to do that.

Also, to answer your question, there is no need to use your own filters ** as you can use the default Roblox one, using TextService with the FilterStringAsync function.

2 Likes

Roblox will only moderate scripts that show inappropriate things for everyone. Making a chat filter is ok, just make sure to make it not visible to anyone else. You can read about it using the search filter, a lot of people had the same questions.

2 Likes

Please review the original announcement, which says

Furthermore, adding additional safety for the sake of your players in the form of an extra chat filter will not get you punished. We applaud you for wanting to go the extra mile to ensure your players have a safe experience! Just make sure the text you’re filtering is not visible to players (i.e. sent to the client) and all should be fine.

2 Likes