Questions For The UGC

Hey everyone!

So I saw a few posts asking how to get into ugc etc, but I have some questions about ugc and modeling items etc! If anyone could answer them it would be highly appreciated!

1. Will applications to enter ugc ever be reopened?
  2. How many items are you allowed upload a week?
  3. How strict is the moderation of items?
  4. Is it like clothing and they won’t tell you what’s wrong with the items?
  5. Are you allowed use textures from google or do you have to make them yourself?
  6. (More of an opinion question) Do you think ugc faces will ever be added?
  7. Is the tris and verts limit the same for everything (example hairs can be 5000 but a hat could be 300 or is it all the same limits?)

That’s all I have for now, if these questions are already answers please let me know so I can delete this post :smiley:

1 Like
  1. If I’m not mistaken, only handpicked developers are allowed, according to their post here: UGC Catalog is Now Live!
  1. I looked a bit, and couldn’t find any results for this, however I know there is a certain limit, and my guess would be 5 items a week likely?
  • Will edit when there’s an answer
  1. It would be more strict then the Shirts/Pants calalog, to avoid duplicate items. It’s already very strict due to the limited amount of users who may use the feature.
  1. As said in question 3, it is the same, just with a little more moderation.

2. Taking something from Google is extremely risky, due to Copyright Infrigement issues that can become involved with it, so it’s better if you are original with your creations to the UGC.

3. It was something of a controversial topic back in May, and ROBLOX was thinking of it, however since then there hasn’t been any updates to it to my understanding.

4. I’m unsure, however to my assumption, they would have the same limit.

• Will edit when there’s an answer
2 Likes

Thanks so much for your help! :smiley:

1 Like