Questions on alternitives to trello for multi game ban systems

Recently, I have noticed that my trello multi game ban system has broken. And no, it wasn’t adonis. It was part of my admin system and using the roblox trello api. Now this is a problem. It never working leads to me realizing that all the people written to that code are suddenly unbanned and can wreak havoc.
Can someone suggest some alternatives? I’ve already looked about using firebase, but the reads and writes are limited as my script reads in a while true do loop. And no, that is for an entirely different reason and I don’t plan on making it an if player joined.

If you’re looking for an alternative to Trello as a ban management system, there are a few options you could consider:

1. Discord: Discord is a popular chat and communication platform that can also be used to manage bans. You could create a Discord server specifically for your game and use it to track ban information. You could give moderators access to a specific channel where they can add or remove ban information, and have your game script periodically check that channel for updates.
  2. Google Sheets: Another option is to use Google Sheets to manage your ban information. You can create a Google Sheet specifically for your game, and have your script read and write ban information to it. Google Sheets has a well-documented API that you can use to interact with the sheet from your script.
  3. SQLite Database: You could also use an SQLite database to manage your ban information. SQLite is a lightweight, file-based database system that can be easily integrated into your game. You could have your script read and write ban information to the database, and use SQL queries to retrieve the information you need.

Regardless of which option you choose, it’s important to make sure that your system is secure and resistant to tampering. You may want to consider implementing some form of encryption or hashing to protect sensitive information, and limit access to the system to trusted individuals only.

Yes, but can you provide an api of sorts? Google sheets sounds fine.
And SQL sounds fine.

Sure! Here are some resources to help you get started with the APIs for Google Sheets and SQLite:

Google Sheets API:

SQLite API:

These resources should provide you with all the information you need to start using Google Sheets and SQLite in your game. If you have any specific questions or issues, feel free to ask and I’ll do my best to help you out!

Yeah same here, I’m just curious is this allowed? I’ve seen him post in the majority of recent topics

Can everyone stop moaning about a user using ChatGPT and let it happen, if you don’t like them using Chat GPT keep it to your self and just help the user who has an actual problem. And stop being rude to each other. (Even if you’re trying to defend your self. Don’t and just ignore them.)

1 Like

May I ask what is a Trello Multi game ban system?

Here, I’ll tell you. It writes userids to a trello board, then it reads from the list, gets the names of cards, adds them to a table, then bans users in that table.

1 Like

I’m not very experienced with multi-game ban systems, but would using MessagingService and then storing shared ban data in tables work?

I’m fairly sure you can use messaging service across games as long as the same person/group owns both games.

Messaging service isn’t a solution. It’s a multi game ban system in games owned by different people

How to use OpenCloud

No, I want all the data to be read and wrote offsite. In an external database

I suggest google Firebase Database, an upgrade and much more efficient compared to google sheets. However, keep in mind it’s more complex and made take much more work to develop.

edit: so, to put it short, Firebase Database is like the advanced version of Google Sheets

It is going to be difficult to find a host, that will allow you to do constant loop read requests for free.

Since Heroku is gone, I am using Railway.app for my outside platform needs. But like I said, do not expect it to be free with that kind of setup.

Hey there!

If you want the best alternative for multi-game banning, I’d recommend a server hosted data server. A server respectively held for cases like this. Alternatively, you could use an online Database such as MySQL, Xampp, SQLite or MongoDB.

I do not recommend Google Sheets. It’s just useless compared to all other alternatives.

It isn’t difficult to find a server host, I know one

Usually, when I do something like that, I create an HTTP server, which manages all my database, but I just do that when I will create a more complex system, where I want to manage the database in different places, like in a Discord bot + multiple Roblox Places.
Also, you can just use an online database, like Firebase, as you already said, or something like MySQL or MongoDB.

The best choice is to see how complex this ban system will be, if is just a small and simple ban system, usually just connecting directly to the database is the smartest idea.