R15 Character Scaling

thisIsFine.png

7 Likes

http://niceme.me

2 Likes

Rolled out avatar scaling for beta testers. Check out your avatar page!

8 Likes

I wish you weren’t such a great web developer, lol. Tried to break it but I couldn’t.

4 Likes

:^)
1b1fbd8dc2846d7b81e82c0fd2895381.png

1 Like

Really wish I had Ninja Mask of Light or Workclock Shades on zlib:
https://t0.rbxcdn.com/079f05f02ae7a3c7036946c36e1ebe05?.png

ROBLOX needs a Faceless Face.

I second this lol.

I do wish you could get smaller than you are currently able to re-size to, but at the same time, this is neat. This is really neat. Super neat.

4 Likes

I want to go kid size, small body with a large head.

2 Likes

We’re starting out with reasonable scale limits, but we may expand them in the future :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Will the owner of the game have the option to disable characters scaled from the website? Without, you know, manually finding the character and changing the settings to a default?

Yes. It’s a setting on the game in the same location as Rig Type.

3 Likes

We’ve rolled out the avatar page setting for all users. A blog post is coming soon!

3 Likes

We should be able to change our depth too. It doesn’t look very good having you be skinnier and still just as much depth.

7 Likes

Is this also what’s causing hats to be disconnected from characters when any scale is changed? Any timeline on a fix?

It’d be great if we could get 1.2 for height when we increase the limit from 1.05. Here is a comparison between 1.0 and 1.2:

The height difference is only 0.8 – such a small difference would pose little issue while empowering users with significant customization options. I would love to have a character with height 1.2x.

6 Likes

A fix for this will be released on Thursday. The issue is that Accessory welds are in the Handle of the Accessory and they are being broken when the character is re-scaled (I only tested with Hats :frowning:). The fix will make it so any welds with the character are not broken when the character is scaled.

If you want to use scaling now I’ve got a fix for this in the test place here:

The fix is in ServerScriptService. It re-welds the accessories to the character, this won’t be necessary after Thursday.

5 Likes

T H I C C

1 Like

It looks like there’s also another issue with joint duplication. R15 characters spawn with duplicate joints (not attachments), and whenever you copy and paste the characters, the joints are duplicated again. I suspect this is because whatever is responsible for managing joints on scale creates new ones whenever a character is created. Not sure if this will be fixed with the update on Thursday.

Also, perspective:

8 Likes

I will look into the duplicate joints issue, thanks for the report.

4 Likes

Probably the same issue, but just in case it’s not, whenever the character spawns the Humanoid HipHeight is reset to what the character scaler things it should be.

A separate issue is that HipHeight is calculated incorrectly on spawn. When I set my height to 120% in realtime, my HipHeight is set to 1.62 – this is the correct value. When I spawn in, my HipHeight is set to 1.92 for some reason, and if keep copying+pasting the character HipHeight keeps increasing – after duplicating the character a couple times I got HipHeight up to 11.

2 Likes

To save others some time, if you try changing what a body part is attached to and your character flies off into oblivion, check for this:

One RightShoulder is attaching the limb to UpperTorso, and the other RightShoulder is attaching the limb to a different part. The limb can’t be in both places so the joints fight over where it should be and hence you go flying away.

2 Likes